BOOKING TERMS-CONDITIONS & CANCELLATION POLICY
Tasting Travel Tour Operator by Daniela Cittadoni (Tour Operator Director), legally registered at following address (Via III Settembre c/o Centro Direzionale I Pini – 06049 Spoleto PG – Italy), operates all tours and tourist services of Mother Umbria Travel: a new 2021 tourist brand of Tasting Travel agency. Your registered booking contract is with Tasting Travel as indicated on your final invoice. By booking or participating in a tour and any related tour services with the Mother Umbria Travel, you agree to these Terms & Conditions of Tasting Travel Tour Operator.
1. THE BOOKING CONTRACT
Your booking confirmation generates an existing contract with Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator as a written confirmation after receipts of payment or applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. You agree to provide full, complete and accurate information to the Tour Operator.
2. BOOKING ON BEHALF OF OTHERS
By booking on behalf of other participants, you are the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with your Tour booking, notifying the Tour Operator or your travel agent if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed.
By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Tour Operator will be liable, under no circumstances, for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
3. REQUIRED MEDICAL INFORMATION
You must provide any medical information reasonably requested by Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator and may be required to complete the Confidential Medical information form for relevant medical information (the “Confidential Medical Form”), available on the Mother Umbria Travel’s website at (direi di inserlo su INSIGHT – COVID-19 PROTOCOL & CONFIDENTIAL MEDICAL FORM .. link di collegamento)
Vaccination Medical Form is mandatory for Sars Covid-19 vaccine.
Medical Forms are mandatory for certain Tours. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions, which may affect your ability to travel, participate in a Tour, or may adversely affect the experience of others on your Tour, you must return a Confidential Medical Form. Tasting Travel Tour Operator will accept the Confidential Medical Form correctly completed and signed by a licensed and practicing physician. The Medical Form will be send to the Tour Operator prior to or at the time of final payment for the applicable booking.
Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator reserves the right to request further information or professional medical opinions where necessary, as determined in its discretion, for your safety or the safe operation of a Tour.
Mother Umbria -Tasting Travel Tour Operator reserves the right to deny you permission to travel or participate in any aspect of a tour at any time and at your own risk and expense where the Tour Operator determines that your physical or mental condition renders you unfit for travel or you represent a danger to yourself or others.
In the event that you do not complete the required Medical Form or providing inaccurate medical information reasonably required by Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator, it reserves the right to cancel your booking and all applicable cancellation fees will apply.
You are responsible for assessing whether a Tour or tour service is suitable for you. You should consult your physician to confirm your fitness for travel and participation in any planned activities. You should seek your physician’s advice on vaccinations and medical precautions. Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator does not provide medical advice. It is your responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each aspect of the Tour based on your own unique circumstances, limitations, fitness level and medical requirements.
4. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
At the time of booking, Mother Umbria -Tasting Travel Tour Operator needs to be aware of any special traveller ’requirements. The Tour Operator will use reasonable efforts to accommodate special requirements or requests but this is not always possible given the nature of the destinations visited and availability of options outside a planned itinerary. Certain activities may be inaccessible to you if your mobility is limited in any way. All food allergies and dietary restrictions must be disclosed to the Tour Operator at the time of booking but the Tour Operator cannot guarantee that dietary needs or restrictions can be accommodated. Any special requests or requirements do not form part of these Terms or the contract between you and the Tour Operator and the Tour Operator is not liable for any failure to accommodate or fulfil such requests.
5. AGE REQUIREMENTS
Anyone under the age of 18 on the date of first travel is a minor. An adult must always accompany minors. If applicable law for any minor to travel requires the consent of a parent, guardian or any other person, the accompanying adult is responsible for securing all consents, documentation and ensuring that they and the minor(s) meet all legal requirements to travel, to enter into and depart from applicable countries and regions. Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred because of any failure to secure necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
Each adult on a booking with a minor or minor(s) is jointly and severally responsible for the behaviour, wellbeing, supervision and monitoring of such minor(s), and jointly and severally accepts these Terms for and on behalf of any minor(s) on their booking, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability. The Tour Operator does not provide care services for minors and expressly disclaims any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any minor(s).
6. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
You may have travel insurance with a minimum medical and repatriation coverage, covering all applicable dates of travel with the Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses. Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator recommends extending your coverage to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that may arise because of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience while traveling. You acknowledge that insurance coverage is not included in the cost of any Tour or Tour Service offered by Mother Umbria -Tasting Travel Tour Operator and you are required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient coverage and comply with the terms of the applicable insurance plans. You are responsible for advising your insurer of the type of travel, destination(s) and activities included in your booking so that the insurer may provide appropriate coverage.
7. PRICES AND TAXES
Tours prices are inclusive of applicable taxes. Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will not increase the price of your Tour and Tour Service after you have paid in full. Prior to this time, the Tour Operator reserves the right to amend the price of unsold holidays at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed holidays.
At the time of booking, a 50% non-refundable deposit in the full amount specified in the automatic invoice, as applicable, per person per Tour is due to the Tour Operator in case of cancellation. Booking made 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due at the time of booking. Mother Umbria -Tasting Travel Tour Operator requires a 50 % non-refundable deposit, as applicable for Package Tours and Tailor Made Tours.
EXPEDITION: Certain products or services (Day City Tours, Limo Service and Wine Food Tours) offered by Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator require you to make full payment at the time of booking. The Tour Operator will advise you of any such requirements prior to confirmation of the applicable booking.
LIFETIME DEPOSIT: If you cancel a booking, and that cancellation is not a result of non-payment or any other breach of these Terms, Tasting Travel Tour Operator will consider the deposit a “Lifetime Deposit”, subject to these Terms. Lifetime Deposits expires 6-months later the date of booking and they are applied towards payment of a deposit on any other Tour offered by Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator within 6 months of original date of booking. The Lifetime Deposit is transferable to another individual of your choosing by providing notice to Mother Umbria -Tasting Travel Tour Operator in writing.
For the avoidance of doubt, only the 50% non-refundable deposit amount will form part of the Lifetime Deposit. The Lifetime Deposit has no cash value. Only one Lifetime Deposit applies per person per product booked. A Lifetime Deposit applies to a new Tour or Tour Service booking within 6 months with equal or greater value.
The Lifetime Deposit automatically expires 6 months later the booking date and Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will not refund it.
DETAILS REQUIRED FOR BOOKING
As a condition of booking, you must provide of all information requested by the Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator along with final payment. If you fail to supply information required by the Tour Operator for any inclusions, you will also be liable for any costs, fees or losses including failure to obtain or provide that inclusion. In the event that you fail to supply information required by the Tour Operator, Tasting Travel Tour Operator also reserves the right to treat your booking (or the relevant component of your booking) as cancelled and levy any cancellation fees deemed reasonable by the Tour Operator, in its sole discretion. The information required by the Tour Operator will vary by tours or tour services during the booking process. Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator does not held responsible for any fees you incur because of errors, omissions, inaccuracies, late, misplaced or otherwise incomplete information you have provided.
FINAL PAYMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF BOOKING
The confirmation processed by the Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will contain details of final payment required for any booking. Payment is totally due 60 days before the departure date of the first selected tour or tour service included in the Booking Form. If full payment received by the applicable due date, the Tour Operator treats the booking as cancelled and retain the 50% non-refundable deposit paid on booking as a cancellation fee. Bookings made less than 60 days before the departure date of the first product included in the Booking Form, Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel requests the full amount at the time of booking.
Tasting Travel Tour Operator is not responsible for any charges levied by third parties or financial institutions and payable by you because of credit card or other payment transactions and will not refund or return any fees charged by third parties or financial institutions in connection with payments made by you to the Tour Operator.
CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT BEFORE DEPARTURE
You may cancel your booking by notifying Mother Umbria -Tasting Travel Tour Operator. Cancellation fees will be determined with reference to the date of notice of cancellation received by the Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator. The cancellation fees considers a percentage of the total price paid for the cancelled Tour or tour service (excluding any insurance products).
CANCELLATION OF A TOUR
- Cancellation received 60 days or more before departure of first tour or tour service in relevant booking: Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms will held the 50% non-refundable Lifetime Deposit; the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled product will be refunded.
- Cancellation received 30-59 days before departure of first Tours or Tour service in relevant booking: Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator in accordance with these Terms will held the 50% non-refundable Lifetime; an amount equal to 50% of the remainder of the payments made to the Tour Operator in respect of the cancelled Tour will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 30 days before departure of first tour or tour service in relevant booking: Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will held the 50% non-refundable Lifetime Deposit in accordance with these Terms, and no further refund will be payable.
Tours or tour services proposed by Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator, including bookings on Package Tours or Tailor-Made Tours, alternative cancellation terms may apply. Tasting Travel Tour Operator will advise you of any such requirements prior to confirmation of the applicable booking.
- CANCELLATION OF ARRIVAL TRANSFER AND NIGHT ACCOMMADATIONS
- Cancellation 60 days or more before departure: you will receive a full refund in respect of cancelled Arrival Transfers and Night Accommodations.
- Cancellation 30-59 days before the date of the arrival transfer and night accommodation: you will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellation 30 days or less before departure: No refund will be payable in respect of any cancelled Arrival Transfers and Night Accommodations.
The cancellation charges above calculates a genuine pre-estimate of the losses the Moher Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator would incur in the event you cancelled your holiday. Within the stipulated time, Tasting Travel Tour Operator will incur to have to pre-pay its tour service’ suppliers (some of which will be up to 100%) and the expected cost savings and income from alternative deployment of the travel services (if possible) calculated as an average charge over a period of time.
CANCELLATION DUES TO UNAVOIDABLE & EXTRAORDINARY CIRCUMSTANCES
You have the right to cancel your confirmed holiday before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” occurring at your holiday destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the holiday or significantly affecting the transport arrangements to the destination. In these circumstances, Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator shall provide you with a full refund of the monies you have paid but will not be liable to pay you any additional compensation. Please note that your right to cancel in these circumstances will only apply where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has changed its advice to warn against travel to your destination or its immediate vicinity after the date of your booking. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism, and significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions, which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
GUARANTEED DEPARTURES, CHANGES & CANCELLATION OF A TOUR BY THE TOUR OPERATOR
Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel guarantees that all scheduled and reserved tours or a valid deposit made on that departure secures tour services and it informs about reasonable itinerary changes as described in these Terms or good faith health and safety concerns. This guarantee is not applicable in the case of Force Majeure. Up to date Tour and itinerary information is available on the Mother Umbria Travel’s website or by contacting the Tour Operator.
If Mother Umbria –Tasting Travel Tour Operator makes an insignificant change to your holiday, it will make reasonable efforts to inform you or your travel agent as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure but will have no liability to you for failing to inform you or your travel agent.
Examples of insignificant changes include alteration of your professional driver and tour guide assigned, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard (where there is specific accommodation assignment), changes of carriers.
- Rarely Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator have to make a significant change to your confirmed arrangements. Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change in accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of your time away
- A significant change to your itinerary, missing out one or more destination entirely.
If Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator makes a significant change or cancel it will contact you as soon as possible and it will offer you the choice of:
- (For significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements; or
- Having a refund of all monies paid; or
- Accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable or higher standard if available (at no extra cost); or
- If available, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original arrangements and the alternative arrangements.
You must notify Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator of your choice within 7 days of the offer. If the Tour Operator does not hear from you within 7 days, it will contact you again to request notification of your choice. If you fail to respond, again within 3 days the Tour Operator will assume that you have chosen to accept the change or alternative booking arrangements.
Once a Tour or a tour service has departed, itinerary changes may be necessary because of unforeseen circumstances, operational concerns, or concerns for your health, safety, enjoyment or comfort. Any changes are at the discretion of the Tour Operator. You acknowledge that you must have reasonable financial resources to cover incidental expenses during all travel with the Tour Operator, whether or not such expenses arise from a change of itinerary, and the Tour Operator is not liable for your failure to prepare adequately for travel and unforeseen circumstances, which may arise during travel. The Tour Operator will not be liable for any indirect and or consequential losses associated with any changes to a booking or itinerary.
Compensation: In addition to a full refund of all monies paid for the cancelled Tour or tour service by you, the Tour Operator will pay you reasonable compensation in the following circumstances:
- If the Tour Operator makes a significant change less than 60 days before your departure date (or 90 days for Expedition Tours) and you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking; or
- If the Tour Operator cancels your booking and no alternative arrangements are available.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Tour Operator will not pay you compensation in the following circumstances:
- Where the Tour Operator makes an insignificant change;\Where the Tour Operator makes a significant change or cancels your arrangements more than 60 days before your departure (or 90 days for Expedition Tours);
- Where the Tour Operator makes a significant change and you accept those changed arrangements or you accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements;
- Where the Tour Operator has to cancel your arrangements as a result of your failure to make full payment on time;
- Where the change or cancellation by the Tour Operator arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by you; or
- Where the Tour Operator is forced to cancel or change your arrangements due to Force Majeure.
If Mother Umbria Tour Operator becomes unable to provide a significant proportion of the arrangement that you have booked with Tour Operator after you have departed, if possible we will make alternative arrangement for you at no extra charge. Where those alternative arrangements are of a lower standard, provide you with an appropriate price reduction.
It is your responsibility to obtain information and to have in your possession all the required documentation and identification for entry, departure and travel to each country or region. This includes a valid passport and all travel documents required by the relevant governmental authorities including all visas, permits and certificates and insurance policies. You must have a passport that is valid 6 months after the last date of travel with the Mother Umbria Tour Operator as set out on your itinerary. You accept full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Tour, and you are solely responsible for the full amount of costs incurred because of missing or defective documentation. You agree that you are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense incurred by the Tour Operator that is a direct result of your failure to secure or be in possession of proper travel documentation. The Tour Operator does not provide advice on travel documents and makes no representations or warrantees as to the accuracy or completeness of any information provided on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, or special equipment and you agree that the Tour Operator is not responsible for any errors or omissions in this information.
FLEXIBILITY & UNUSED SERVICES
You acknowledge that the nature of adventure travel requires flexibility and acknowledge that you will permit reasonable alterations to tours, tour services or itineraries by Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator. The route, schedules, accommodations, activities, amenities and mode of transportation are subject to change without notice due to unforeseeable circumstances or events outside the control of the Tour Operator (including but not limited to Force Majeure, illness, mechanical breakdown, flight cancellations, strikes, political events and entry or border difficulties). No reimbursements, discounts or refunds will be issued for services that are missed or unused after departure due to no fault of the Tour Operator, including your removal from a Tour because of your negligence or breach of these Terms.
CHANGES MADE BY YOU & TRANSFERS OF BOOKING
- Changes made by you: If you wish to change any part of your booking after our confirmation invoicing, you must inform Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator in writing as soon as possible. The first named person on the booking should do this. You are responsible for ensuring that information provided to the Tour Operator is accurate and up-to-date. Any changes to your name on any booking are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval. Any changes to a booking depend on availability and are subject to the Tour Operator’s approval and these Terms. Any extra costs incurred for making the change will be charged to you along with an administrative fee. Cancellation of any Tour, product or service included in a booking is not considered a change for purposes of this section and will be governed by the applicable cancellation terms. No changes are permitted to any booking within 10 days of departure of the first product or service on the applicable booking. Where the Tour Operator is unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking the Tour Operator will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable.
- Transfer of booking: If you or any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
a) that person is introduced by you and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the holiday;
b) the Tour Operator is notified not less than 7 days before departure;
c) the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us.
You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
Important note: Certain arrangements may require a longer notice period or may not be amended or transferred after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
1) Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator is responsible for the proper provision of all travel services included in your tour, tour services as set out in your confirmation invoice. Subject to these Booking Conditions, if the Tour Operator or its suppliers negligently perform or arrange those services and the Tour Operator does not remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period, the Tour Operator will pay you reasonable compensation. The level of such compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these conditions and the extent to which the Tour Operator or Tour Operator’s employees’ or suppliers’ negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that the Tour Operator or its supplier(s) have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against the Tour Operator.
2) Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
(a) the acts and/or omissions of the person affected; or
(b) the acts and/or omissions of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unavoidable and extraordinary; or
(c) Force Majeure.
3) Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator limits the amount of compensation it may have to pay you if it is found liable under this clause as follows:
(a) loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions and money: the maximum amount the Tour Operator will have to pay you in respect of these claims is an amount equivalent to the excess on your insurance policy which applies to this type of loss per person in total because you are required to have adequate insurance in place to cover any losses of this kind.
4) Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator will not accept responsibility for services or facilities, which do not form part of its agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure or on our website. For example any excursion you book whilst away, or any service or facility which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you.
“Optional Extras” refers to any activity, transportation, meal, product or service not expressly included in the Tour itinerary or price of the Tour and which does not form part of the Tour. You agree that any assistance given Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator’s representative(s) in arranging, selecting, or booking, any Optional Extras is purely at your request and the Tour Operator makes no warranties and expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever arising from participation in Optional Extras or any information provided by any representative of the Tour Operator regarding any Optional Extras. You release the Tour Operator from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to, arising from participation in, or booking of Optional Extras.
You acknowledge and agree that any liability for loss, damages, death, personal injury, illness, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury or loss of or damage to property associated with Optional Extras is the sole responsibility of the third party providing that service or activity.
If, whilst you are on holiday, you find yourself in difficulty for any reason, Mother Umbria- Tasting Travel Tour Operator will offer you such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, the Tour Operator will provide you with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and assistance with distance communications and finding alternative travel arrangements.
Where you require assistance that is not owing to any failure by the Tour Operator, our employees or sub-contractors, the Tour Operator will not be liable for the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or other such assistance you require. Any supplier, or transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and you should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of these Booking Conditions, the Tour Operator will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges you incur in the above circumstances, if you fail to obtain the Tour Operator’s prior authorisation before making your own travel arrangements.
Furthermore, the Tour Operator reserves the right to charge you a fee for its assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by you or a member of your party, or otherwise through your or your party’s negligence.
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms, the Tour Operator will not be liable or pay you compensation if its contractual obligations to you are affected by “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” meaning any event beyond the Tour Operator’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Examples include: warfare and acts of terrorism (and threat thereof), civil strike, labour difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination or remain at the travel destination, the act of any government or other national or local authority including port or river authorities, industrial dispute, lock closure, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, chemical or biological disaster, unavoidable technical problems with transport and all similar events outside the Tour Operator’s or the supplier(s) concerned control.
IMAGES AND MARKETING
You agree that, while other participants may take participating in any Tour, images, photos or videos, Mother Umbria – Tasting Travel Tour Operator or its representatives may contain or feature you. You consent to any such pictures being taken and grants a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to the Tour Operator, its contractors, sub-contractors and assigns, to reproduce for any purpose whatsoever (including marketing, promotions and the creation of promotional materials by or with sub-licensees), in any medium whatsoever, whether currently known or hereinafter devised, without any further obligation or compensation payable to you.